While we understand that there are times when everyone gets behind, there are several important things to note about carrying a balance with PadSplit.
Balances under $299
- If you carry a balance past your Dues Day, a $25 late fee will be applied to your account on every billing cycle that you remain behind (see, Why did I get a late fee? for more information).
- You will receive automated communications concerning late fees and payments. Our Collections team may also call with reminders to pay your balance.
Balances $300 and greater
- You will receive automated communications concerning late fees, payments and your risk of having your Membership terminated. Our Collections team will call with reminders to pay your balance.
- If your balance reaches $300 or greater, you will be placed in financial probation for the 48 hours after your Dues Day. You will need to bring your balance under $300 during this time or your Membership with PadSplit will be terminated.
- If your balance is still $300 or greater 48 hours after your Dues Day, your Membership will be terminated and you will need to vacate the property.
- The only way to stay with PadSplit at this time will be to book a new room. Your current room will not be available to rebook. Rebooking a room will require you to pay your outstanding balance, the new room's move-in fee and reapply for Membership if your application has expired. This process must be done over the phone with a Member Support Representative.
If you anticipate having trouble paying your Membership dues, we encourage you to reach out for financial assistance before you get behind. Recommended resources can be found under Payment Resources and Job Services.